Created by vote of the body, the DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) Committee is a place to address injustice, problems and possibilities. Please join the DEI Committee, all workers welcome (click to receive notice emails). Meetings are 1st Thursdays, at the IATSE13 Office and/or Zoom, from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Share Your Wisdom
- Raise Issues
- Help With Active Projects
- Lead Your Own Project
- Help Someone Through Duress
- Help Others Learn and Grow Professionally
Meetings are Round Robin, meaning everyone takes a turn speaking, no one speaks twice until everyone else has in turn. It’s surprising how often someone else speaks your concerns, surprising too, how good it feels to be really heard.
Next IATSE 13 DEI Committee Meeting
June 8, 2023 (1st Thursday)
6 – 7:30 p.m.
IATSE Local 13 Office and Zoom
312 Central Ave. SE
Zoom address will be emailed before a meeting, and please contact leadership if you have any accessibility needs, or hot button issues needing immediate attention, DEI@IATSE13.org.
June Meeting Items:
- Check In
- 21 Day Challenge Course
- QR Code Local 13 Poster for Diverse Posting
- New Project Ideas
- June Discussion Topic: Transferring skillsets across discriminatory lines in a diversifying Local
- Closing Voices
Notes from May, 2023 DEI Meeting (Link coming)
Notes from April, 2023 Meeting (Link coming)
Great DEI Experience of the Week, 5/18/2023:
Watch Bonanza, Episode #92, “Look To The Stars”
This great 1962 western is loaded with Cartwright savior complex but captures the profound truths:
- We’re all in it together (We all do better, when we All do better – Paul Wellstone),
- It takes Witnesses, Allies, and Advocates (aka, Union Co-workers) to solve problems,
- And Restorative Justice includes Finding Forgiveness to move forward.
Please enjoy this “In Color” 48 minute “Classic Archive for the A Listers.”
In Solidarity, for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice.
Jeff Borowiak, Chair
Carrie Monroe, Wendell Bell, Co-Chairs
For questions, suggestions, etc. please contact DEI@IATSE13.org.