The following statements are meant to be a guide to all workers dispatched from the Wardrobe List in the Standards and Practices of professional conduct. Deviation from these standards can be grounds for dismissal.
1) Workers shall report to the work site and be ready to work at the time set by the Wardrobe Supervisor. Beginning work early or arriving late is unacceptable.
2) Workers must report to their Supervisor at the beginning of a call, unless specifically directed otherwise.
3) Workers may not leave the work site for any reason once a call has begun, unless they have received specific direction to do so by the Supervisor.
4) Workers must bring all required tools to every call.
5) Workers should bring or wear black clothes and black, closed-toed shoes to all calls unless the steward or supervisor specifically says they are unnecessary.
6) No photography backstage or in work areas. Some productions are heavily copyrighted, and you could be let go immediately if you take pictures.
7) Workers are expected to be available all the time they are backstage. An actor may come to you with a wig or costume issue even when you don't have a change scheduled. Always be alert, prepared, and ready to help.
8) No food or drink is permitted backstage. The only exception is water, which must be in a covered container.
9) Workers must follow all directions given by the Supervisor and the Steward. If you don’t understand the directions given, ask for clarification.
10) Workers may not quit one job to take another, unless ordered by the Local.
11) Workers must finish their assigned work first, then see if their teammates need help. When all the work is done, check in with your supervisor. Only your Supervisor can dismiss you at the end of the day.
12) Workers must be clean, hygienic, and presentable. Consider using scent-free or lightly scented grooming products.
13) Workers should remain at their assigned stations at all times. If you need to step away for any reason, even if only to visit the restroom, tell another worker where you are going.
14) Workers should be diplomatic at all times. Please remember that the performer has to present a specific character on stage and does not need to hear your problems, though they may tell you theirs (which are to be kept in confidence). Be pleasant at all times.
15) In an effort to maintain a non-hostile workplace, all personnel should strive for courteous interactions with co-workers and touring personnel at all times. If disagreements arise, please ask the Supervisor or Steward for clarification, or to moderate a constructive discussion to solve the disagreement.
16) Workers should use caution when using hazardous, toxic, or noxious products. Please refer to the section on Safety for further information. All workers have the right and the obligation to speak up if they feel they are being asked to perform an unsafe task.
17) Workers must be respectful of other people’s personal property. Remember that dressing rooms and dressing stations are private areas. Always knock before entering. Do not touch or photograph anything on a performer’s station without permission.
18) Workers must inform the Steward if they are going to be late for any reason. Please exchange phone numbers with the Steward on the first day.
19) Workers must wear or carry any badges, wristbands, laminates, or other identification they receive for security clearance.
20) Cell phones are permitted backstage only with the permission of your supervisor. They must be kept on silent.
21) Do not touch, move, or sit on any props unless specifically directed to do so. If a prop is in your way, ask a member of the prop crew if it may be moved. If you are unsure if something is a prop, ask a member of the prop crew.
22) Do not move another worker’s preset. If it is in your way, ask them to move it. If you absolutely must move it, reset it as best you can and let the worker or supervisor know.
23) Leave the supervising to the supervisors. Do not correct or instruct another worker on how to do their track. They likely have more information about their track than you do.
IATSE Local 13
312 Central Ave SE # 398
Minneapolis, MN 55414