June 16th-June 19th: You must sign up for this session, the link to sign up for this session will be below. This link will be left up until Sunday June 11th. Kellie will be filling this class in order of Seniority starting June 12th. I have 12 spots in this class. If you sign up after June 12th, you will be put on a wait list. The cost for this class is $150. You must have a harness and lanyard to take this class. Below is the link to sign up:
Class attendees must meet these minimum requirements:
- Be comfortable working at heights on beams as narrow as 6” (Excel Energy Center is 130’ above floor)
- Able to pull a 65 pound load 130 feet vertically to a beam
- Able to reliably tie a bowline (this will be tested at class check-in)
- Able to reliably tie a clove hitch (this will be tested at class check-in)
- Wear closed heels and toed shoes that tie
- Personal harness and long pants suggested
- Please wear a bright colored shirt
This class is an opportunity to learn and practice foundation skills used daily. Attendees will learn:
· Walking beams and using related safety gear
· Setting sheaves for multiple purposes
· Managing ropes on catwalks and beams
· Pulling points alone and in teams
· Hanging and setting points
· Communication skills.
Most of the class will be spent on the beams of Excel Energy Center. Participants must plan to attend all days.
You may not just pay for the class as a form to sign up, but when you do you can purchase the class in theOnline Store.