Setup Windows Vista Email
You can configure Windows Vista® Mail to access your email messages from your email account using IMAP or POP. While the exact steps may differ from version to version, you can use the settings listed here to set up other versions of Windows Mail as well.
- In Microsoft Mail, from the Tools menu, select Accounts.
- In the Internet Accounts window, click Add.
- On the Your Name page, in the Display Name field, enter your full name and then click Next.
- On the Internet Email Address page, in the Email address field, enter your email address, and then click Next:
- On the Set up Email Servers page, select your server type and enter you Incoming POP or IMAP Server, and Outgoing SMTP Server.
- On the Internet Mail Log on page, in the Email Username and Password fields, enter your email address and password, and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Return to Microsoft Mail, and from the Tools menu, select Accounts.
- In the Internet Accounts window, in your list of Mail accounts, select the account you just set up, and then click Properties.
- In the Properties window, go to the Servers tab and place a check next to "My server requires authentication"
- Click OK.